First-Place Showings From Harriton TSA, Physics Olympics

On Saturday, February 11th, the Harriton TSA and Physics Olympics teams both came away with first place in their respective competitions, an impressive showing from two of the school’s premier science and technology-affiliated associations.

TSA had their best performance in school history, earning 44 total medals at their Regional Conference, including five first place finishes, thirteen second place finishes, and six third place finishes. The impressive list of students who earned a first place medal consists of Liza Atillasoy, Max Hunt, Ally McLaughlin, Sitara Soundararajan, Dhruv Pillai, Cem Atillasoy , Kenton Weigel, Ali Buck, Shari Lieblich, Emmy Rodriguez, Coco Sutton, Lisa Moc, Kyle Swartley, Steven Scimeca, Caleb Dixon, Andrew Wonnacott, Tristan Maidment, Stephen Lorenz, Jessi Herrmann, Aaron Kolker, and Won Chung. The team will next compete at States in April.

Physics Olympics, competing at Harriton, tied for first with Penncrest after a back-and-forth competition that saw an impressive, last-second win in the Physics Relay. Coach Robert Schwartz mentioned standouts Jessie Vander, who qualified for the International Bridge Building Competition in Las Vegas, Kai Chang, who captained the team, and seniors Eileen Hoang, Niki Green, and Salomon Cohen for their leadership throughout the year. It was the team’s final competition this year.

Congratulations to members of both teams and best of luck in future competitions.