Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies
December 22, 2016 • 199 views
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
When you think about the holidays, there are a few simple words that come to mind: friends, family, food, and cold weather. The holiday season is a time when loved ones come together to enjoy each other’s company… and copious amounts of food.
With the temperatures dropping to negative numbers, what is a better snack to serve than a warm cup of hot chocolate and a cookie? One of my favorite holiday recipes combines those two snacks into delicious peppermint hot cocoa cookies.
These cookies blend the chocolate and peppermint flavors together flawlessly, making the perfect dessert for this time of year. The recipe is extremely easy to follow, and baking the cookies can be made into a fun group activity! In just one short hour, these cookies will be made and ready to be eaten.
Here is how to make them:
1 roll Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
1 cup marshmallow creme
1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Heat oven to 350 ˚F. In medium bowl, break apart cookie dough. Knead in baking cocoa until thoroughly combined.
- Shape dough into 20 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets, and press down slightly with fingers.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until centers of cookies are set; cool 2 minutes on pans. Transfer to cooling racks to cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with spatula sprayed with cooking spray, transfer marshmallow creme to microwavable cup sprayed with cooking spray. Microwave uncovered on Medium (50%) 60 to 90 seconds or until melted. Cool slightly, then transfer to resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Cut 1/8 inch from 1 corner of bag, then drizzle cookies with marshmallow creme, and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 12 hours before serving.