The Athletes in Vancouver Aren’t the Only Ones Coming Home with Medals

On Saturday, February 20, 2010, Harriton’s own TSA (Technology Student Association) competed in the annual regional conference in Quakertown, Pennsylvania and came home with 18 medals- the  most medals won in the history of the Harriton Chapter and the second highest medal count of the conference!  Harriton’s team put forth a valiant effort and reaped the rewards. Though the environment was “hectic,” explains President Phil Hayes, it was also “rewarding. Although it was a busy day at Strayer Middle School in Quakertown, PA, there’s a good amount of fun involved as well.”
Paving the way for this victory include Adam Pressel, Alex Hunt, Alex Shulman, Ally McLaughlin, Dhruv Pillai, Drew Krane, Emily Rodriguez, Hannah Barton, Hunter Landau, Ines Tebas Pueyo, Jack Fenton, Jessi Hermann, Lexi Harder, Liza Atillasoy, Maggie Strouse, Phil Hayes, Sam Lincoln, Shari Lieblich, Jacob Ashman, Wilson Smith, Sean Michael Wade and Savanna Williams, all under the guidance of advisors Mr. Lehman, Mr. Occhiogrosso, Mrs. Occhiogrosso and Mrs. Kiley.
Mr. Lehman explains that TSA “fosters science, technology, engineering and mathematics education through personal growth, leadership and opportunities in technology, innovation, design and engineering.” In other words, students who participate in TSA demonstrate not only an interest in technology, but a dedication to growing and learning in the science, technology, engineering and math fields, which these Harriton students have shown with this outstanding victory. “It’s rewarding, but not the ultimate success,” explains Hayes. “We have two more competitions coming up in April (States) and June (Nationals), so we’ve still got a lot to work for. Nevertheless, the success here is a big milestone for the underdog Harriton TSA chapter. Seeing the great performance of our club at this competition, we believe that our chance in States and Nationals is looking better than ever. We are certainly looking forward to further winnings and achievements.”