Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

In 2001, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” was released in theaters and grossed nearly one billion dollars. Ten years later, after waiting eight months, many people of all ages around the world went to their local cinemas to watch the final installment of the “Harry Potter” series, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2.”

Since its release in July, the film has broken many box office records, including the record highest gross during opening weekend, record highest gross on opening day, and fastest third and fourth day gross. Additionally, it has set the record as the fastest movie ever both to earn one hundred million dollars and one hundred and fifty million dollars. To date, the movie has already grossed over one billion dollars, making it the most successful film of the series.

But what made this movie such a fan favorite? What was the key to its great success? A great cast and director and awesome visual effects could’ve been it, but what more?
Above are just statistics, just numbers, which have a lot to do with worldwide success, but in reality, the true success was due to a great author with a wonderful imagination.

J. K. Rowling upset many fans in 2007, when she revealed that her latest book would be the last her readers would hear of the famous magical trio. With over 450 million sold copies in over 67 different languages, “Harry Potter” remains, and will remain for a long time, the most popular and most successful book series and franchise.

For those of us too lazy to read the book, the latest film answers questions that we many have been waiting to know since “The Deathly Hallows – Part 1.” Do Harry, Hermione, and Ron finally find and destroy the remaining Horcruxes? Does Lord Voldemort find Harry? What happens to Hogwarts? Can Hermione and Ron finally put aside their differences and get together? “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2” really surprised its viewers (well, at least the ones who hadn’t read the book.) Upsetting deaths occurred, and secret alliance was revealed between a dead headmaster and a Death Eater.

“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1” was very exciting and thrilling, but “Part 2” was even better. And even though it all ended here, it ended with a big BANG! After surveying 264 well-known movie critics, RottenTomatoes.com gave “Part 2” a rating of 8.4 out of a possible score of 10; 96% of the surveyed critics liked it. Furthermore, the film has already won a National Movie Award, a nomination for a NewNowNext Award, three Teen Choice Awards, many Scream Awards nominations.

But you don’t have to just take my word for it. There are still some theaters that are still showing the amazing series finale, and it’s scheduled to be released on DVD and Blu-ray by November 11.

Honestly, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2” was one of the best action movies of the summer.