Summer 2013 Music Festivals

Do you know what you’re doing this summer? Festival season is approaching quickly, and lineups are being announced left and right. Recently, Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival and Firefly Music Festival both released their lineups, and it’s pretty impressive.

Paul McCartney, Mumford & Sons, and Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers will be heading to Manchester, Tenn. to headline Bonnaroo. Over 100 bands will be in attendance, including Wilco, Animal Collective, Beach House, Dirty Projectors, the xx, Passion Pit, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Tame Impala, Wu-Tang Clan, and more.

In Dover, Del., Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Vampire Weekend, and Foster the People will be headlining Firefly. A large portion of the acts seen at Bonnaroo will also appear at Firefly, but some stand-alone acts will be performing, including Public Enemy, The Walkmen, MGMT, Ellie Goulding, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Foxygen, and more.

Both festivals will be held early in the summer within a one-week span. Bonnaroo will be held from June 13 to June 16, while Firefly will be held from June 21 to June 23. Tickets are still on-sale for both Bonnaroo and Firefly.