Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer

Did you happen to be driving along Montgomery Avenue on Saturday, October 6? Maybe you were leaving Lower Merion High School, in a terrible mood after sitting through the horror called the SATs; but then you saw a throng of about 50 people standing on the corner donning their finest and most spirited pink attire.

So maybe you gave those crazy people a few dollars; then you continued driving down and noticed more people walking.

You thought, “So this is that crazy 3-day walk I heard about!” Yes, it is, and it’s back in Philadelphia for the twenty-second year in a row. The walk has raised $4.6 million here in the City of Brotherly Love.

The 3-Day raises money to support research for curing breast cancer. The walk started on Friday, October 5 and ended on Sunday, October 7. Over the course of three days, the walkers covered 60 miles, starting at the Willow Grove Park Mall and ending with a celebration of their accomplishment in the Philadelphia Navy Yard.

Walkers must raise a minimum of $2,300 to participate, so if you are interested in participating in this great event next year, start fundraising! If you can’t meet the fundraising requirement, the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure takes place every year on Mother’s Day and registration is only $15.

To find out more information on the 3-day walk, visit 3 Days, 60 Miles.