12-12-12 Concert to Benefit Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief

On October 29, Hurricane Sandy hit New York City, flooding tunnels, subways, and cutting power around the city. Affecting 24 states, the U.S. damage from the hurricane was estimated to be $63 billion. It left many people along the east coast devastated, displaced, and homeless.

A benefit concert at Madison Square Garden, dubbed the 12-12-12 concert, is helping to raise money and awareness for the disaster relief efforts. All proceeds will go to the Robin Hood Relief Fund.

The concert, which starts at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, will feature many musical acts, including Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Alicia Keys, Kanye West, the Who, the Rolling Stones, and more.

If you can’t make it to New York on Wednesday night, you can still watch the live coverage on the event website, as well as on YouTube, Yahoo, AOL, HBO, FX, and (for some reason) the Cooking Channel. 

Are you interested in donating to this great cause? You can do so on by clicking here, or by texting ROBINHOOD to 50555. 

If you want to find out more about the 12-12-12 benefit concert, you can visit their website here, and make sure you tune in on Wednesday night. It’s going to be a great show!