Bombing at the End of Boston Marathon

Bombing at the End of Boston Marathon
Staff

While many hoped to celebrate their completion of a running 26.2 miles, the surprise at the end of the Boston Marathon was not confetti and balloons, but two bombs. According to CNN, the blasts threw people to the ground, leaving dozens injured,and 2 dead.

The bombs triggered chaos throughout the city, with shattered windows and barricades sending smoke throughout Copely Square. The bombs were approximately 50 to 100 yards apart. Buildings shook. At least 90 people were sent to the hospital.

Boston Authorities found at least one additional explosive device that was fortunately found with enough time to dismantle.

A state government official said that it was not clear who could have been behind the bombing; there were no credible threats beforehand. Although, numerous suspicious packages were found on the scene.

The Mariott hotel at Copely Place and The Lenox Hotel were evacuated. Universities in the area such as Emerson College were put on lockdown.

Adding up all of the citizens sent to hospitals nearby, 71 people were injured, with 6 of them in critical condition, and as of now, only 2 people have died.