Made on the Main Line

Benna Trachtenberg, Staff Writer

This past Saturday, October 13th, the third annual Made On The Main Line music festival took place from 2:00-10:00 pm in Narberth Park, hosted by Harriton Student Council. The exciting culmination of clubs and music created a perfect kick-off to fall.

Ranging from pianos to ukuleles to stellar vocals, the musical portion encompassed a wide variety of talents. The performances took place under the gazebo, which was beautifully decorated with colorful lights.

Some of the talented performers included Maddie Rose, Roxanna Wood, Jasper Albright, Danny Farah, and Steal The Dog. Although some bands and solo artists experienced technical difficulties or a lack of band members, this did not affect the quality of their performances in the slightest.

Throughout the afternoon and evening I never found a moment that I was not entertained by a live performance or the playlist playing in between each act.

Also, many of Harriton’s fine clubs set up booths to promote their organization and to raise money to benefit their group or a related charity. Some tables had bake sales, fun games, and even fish.

A notable booth was the Lend a Paw, a club recently initiated by a few students, is partnering with Providence Animal Shelter to raise money to help sponsor adoptions. This means that the money that they raise will go to lower income families who wish to adopt a pet, but do not have the financial means to do so.

GSA also raised money, benefitting The Attic, which is an LGBTQ youth center in Philadelphia. The Syrian Emergency Task Force sold soup and provided materials to write Letters For Hope, the Environmental Club sold reusable straws, Latin Club hosted fortune telling and gladiator fights, and FBLA supplied glitter tattoos.

In the end, it was all smiles and fun on the first crisp day of the year. With a great turnout, Made On The Main Line was a success. Personally, I believe that many people are looking forward to Made On The Main Line 2019.