It’s as Easy as 1, 2, Uhh…

I always enjoy watching various political campaigns and seeing real American democracy in action, but Rick Perry’s bid for election is one of the least enjoyable campaigns I have seen in politics.
The real kick-start of the Rick Perry infamy train was at the GOP debate when he couldn’t even remember the third of his own three points. It worried me that Perry could not even remember the three ideas that he had thought of. Also, if he can’t even remember his points, then what he’s saying must not have a whole lot of merit to it.
Now everyone has his one-time flop, but just recently either Perry’s nerves or his poor memory skills emerged again when he got the voting age wrong in an interview.
Now I know what you may be thinking; it must be very hard to have to talk and answer questions in such a high-pressure situation. To that I say being president is a high-pressure job with a lot of people looking at you, listening to you, and depending on you to lead and guide. If you get nervous and can’t even recall ideas you thought of yourself then maybe president is not the job for you. Some people just don’t have the knack and ability for public speaking in high-pressure situations, and that’s ok. But if you’re not comfortable with public speaking maybe you shouldn’t try to get a job that requires a lot of it.
Perhaps it’s not just nerves that render Rick Perry almost catatonic. My theory is that he perhaps does not have the mental capacity to handle stressful situations. That could be the problem for all the GOP candidates who seem to be riddled with one scandal or public speaking flop after another.
To be fair, whenever anyone is running for office there’s going to be talk of scandal and mistakes that result in viral videos, but the amount I’ve seen in this election is very disconcerting. Though I would feel extremely unsafe and discontent if any of the GOP candidates were to become president, Rick Perry gives me the greatest reason to be concerned.