Monster First Half Leads Rams Over Radnor

The Harriton football team dominated Radnor on Friday night, picking up its first Central League win of the year. The Rams improved to 2-1 (1-1), the team’s best record after three games since entering the league four years ago.

Quarterback Pat Moriarty, who has more than lived up to his promise thus far in 2011, once again led the way with 14 for 25 passing for 214 yards and a touchdown. He found fellow junior Juwan Valentine. for a score on the opening drive of the game and never looked back en route to taking an impressive 21-0 halftime lead. Valentine, emerging as one of the Rams’ most dangerous receivers, returned an interception for a touchdown to put the game out of reach and finished with seven catches for 90 yards.

Coach Barr, as always, saw room for improvement. ““We didn’t get better as a team,” he commented, referring to the team’s somewhat sloppy second half. “We’ve got to get better. We have to do a better job. Nothing against Radnor, but we should have put them away.”

The Rams did nearly let the Raiders back in the game after halftime, but cruised after sophomore halfback Andre Pendleton scored his second touchdown of the night to make it 28-7.

It’s a huge win for Harriton, but they must regroup quickly and come out strong once again when they take on Upper Darby this upcoming Friday. A win would solidify the Rams as a legitimate Central League contender– exactly what the team set out to prove they could be this season.