Spotlight On Harriton Athletes: Vol. 4

This is the first time we’ve run this feature since the fall season ended. Wondering which Rams made the biggest impact over the first couple weeks of winter? You’ve come to the right place.

Itay Levy, Senior, Boys Basketball: Giving the Rams a dominating post presence they sorely needed, Itay has played a key role in his squad’s impressive 4-0 start. Not only was he named the MVP of the season-opening Southern Lehigh tournament, but he’s also provided the new-look Rams with a a senior leader to rally around once they hit the teeth of their Central League schedule.

Moira Lavelle, Senior, Swimming: Moira made quite the splash in her first three meets, not only winning the 200 free in her first shot, but also leading a brigade of Rams who qualified for Districts. She is not only one of only two swimmers to qualify in an individual event, but she also captained the team to their first win of the season against Lower Moreland.

Ian Ragin, Junior, Indoor Track: Ian earned the indoor track team’s first medal of the season on Saturday, earning fifth place in the 60 meter dash. As the season progresses, he will have a real shot at running a state qualifying time, either in an individual event or on a relay.

Katie Melvin, Sophomore, Girls Basketball: It hasn’t been easy for Katie and the Rams lately, but she’s given them a spark with several double-digit point efforts in the early going.

Congratulations to not only these four, but also all Rams student-athletes. Keep checking in to see who gets nominated each week of the winter season.