My Best of the Best: Pro-Athlete/Celebrity Couples

David and Victoria Beckham arrive at Westminster Abbey. David Beckham wasnt photographed wearing his top hat, but carried it like a prop. Victoria Beckhams hat was perfectly placed. (Abaca Press/MCT)
Abaca Press
David and Victoria Beckham arrive at Westminster Abbey. David Beckham wasn’t photographed wearing his top hat, but carried it like a prop. Victoria Beckham’s hat was perfectly placed. (Abaca Press/MCT)

One of the most competitive aspects of our society is sports. While athletes do not exactly love each other (sports are meant for defeating the opponent, right?), they most certainly have to love someone. So, as Valentines Day nears, I would like to highlight some of the most famous athletes as well as their famous spouses as we countdown the best athlete/celebrity couples in sports.

10. Shannon Brown (Los Angeles Lakers guard)/Monica (R&B Diva)

Clearly, there is a love affair here. These two love each other so much that they proclaimed their love to each other twice. While Brown is not the, well, best basketball player in the NBA, his wife of two years most certainly dominates the R&B genre with her incredible music.

9. Hank Baskett (Former Philadelphia Eagles WR)/Kendra Wilkinson

You know for sure that a relationship is working out when the couple begins to prepare for filming of a new reality show starring them. It’s called Kendra on Top, and I can promise you right now that I will never watch it. But as long as they’re happy, who cares what I watch on television.

8. Tim Hasselbeck (Former NFL Quarterback)/Elisabeth Hasselbeck (Talk Show Host)

Since The View is on while school is in session, I have yet to watch a second of that show. But there’s one thing I know for sure: the odds of Elisabeth being better on that show than her husband was as a NFL quarterback are very high.

7. Mike Fisher (Nashville Predators Forward)/Carrie Underwood

What a great fit! Fisher plays hockey for the Predators in Nashville, the home of country music. It’s no wonder Carrie chose to marry this guy, he’s probably the cutest athlete in the city. If only Tony Romo played for the Titans…

6. Lamar Odom (Los Angeles Clippers guard)/Khloe Kardashian (No description needed)

There are rumors floating around that they are getting a divorce, but nothing is official yet. I must say though, even if it ends now, props to Lamar for being able to keep it together for so long. Apparently, life with a Kardashian is just not as good as it looks like on television…or is it?

5. Andy Roddick (Tennis Player)/ Brooklyn Decker (Supermodel)

Brooklyn Decker is about as good as they come for a tennis player. Andy Roddick, you are the man. No US Open title can possibly buy what you have now. Enough said.

4. Reggie Bush (Miami Dolphins RB)/Kim Kardashian (I don’t even know at this point)

These two aren’t exactly married, but how could I possibly leave Kim Kardashian off this list? Anyway, props to Reggie, because I’m sure it too a lot of luck to date this woman.

3. David Beckham (Soccer Player)/Victoria Beckham (Former Spice Girl)

This couple truly embodies British paparazzi. David and Victoria have been married since 1999, and their marriage became even more public in 2007 when David took his soccer talents to the Los Angeles Galaxy.  Keep up the good work, Mr. Beckham.

2. Tom Brady (New England Patriots Quarterback)/Gisele Bundchen

The only reason why this couple isn’t number one is purely because of my hatred of Tom Brady. I mean, the guy practically ruined my young childhood with the Patriots’ defeat of the hometown Eagles in Super Bowl XXXIX. Bundchen’s outburst after last year’s Super Bowl also takes this couple off the top line, even though it was not out of line considering that Wes Welker is to blame for that loss to the Giants. I really wonder what the friends of Brady’s children think when they get to meet the greatest QB of the game, but I really, really, really wonder what those kids feel like when they get to meet Gisel.

1. AJ McCarron (Alabama Crimson Tide Quarterback)/Katharine Webb (Miss Alabama 2012/Super-hot girlfriend/Brent Musburger’s “Fine Young Lady”)

I don’t care if AJ is a college player, I don’t care if they’re not even married- AJ McCarron, I envy you. You know that you’ve got a really attractive girlfriend when… you guessed it: the 74 year-old announcer of the BCS National Championship Game completely goes out of his way to praise her looks. Also, seeing Katharine Webb on TV after every score got to a point where it was more exciting than the blowout of a game that took place. I hope these two get married, because America will need someone to replace the preceding couple once Mr. Brady retires from the NFL. Please Katharine, even if he is incredibly weird and not a very good quarterback, do us all a favor and stick it out for the long haul.