Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift: A History-Making Relationship

Super Bowl winning tight end, Travis Kelce, and Grammy Award winning singer-songwriter, Taylor Swift, have taken the media by storm as their dating rumors dominate the internet. Kelce has revealed himself as a long-time Swiftie, and that he attended a concert, sayingI was disappointed that she doesn’t talk before or after her shows because she has to save her voice for the 44 songs that she sings,… So I was a little butt-hurt I didn’t get to hand her one of the bracelets I made for her” after the show was over. 

Travis Kelce has built up some impressive stats during his time with the Chiefs in the NFL as number 87. He has a decent build for his position, as tight end with a 6’5” height and weighing 250 pounds. He’s been doing alright so far this season, averaging 9.1 receptions per game at this point in the season. He has always been an impressive player, as he had over 2,500 yards just in his senior year of highschool while collecting 31 touchdowns, including 10 on the ground.

Travis Kelce has another partner in crime. He has always been known to be family oriented and loves his mother and brother. Travis Kelce has even made a podcast with superbowl winning center, his brother, Jason Kelce. Their podcast, New Heights with Jason and Travis Kelce, is centered around the idea that they can talk about whatever they want. It all started from a dinner with Aaron Eanes, Travis’s manager, and he said “When I was sitting there, I’m like, OK, that is literally the show. Being a fly on the wall for their dinner conversations.” They decided maybe their everyday conversations could also make their fans from different teams come together and have a laugh too. It was ranked #1 sports podcast on Spotify for 4 months straight. Some other NFL players have tried this approach as well, but they haven’t been really able to mimic the undeniable chemistry if the Kelce brothers.

Travis Kelce is not the only one with major accomplishments in this relationship. Taylor Swift has been able to become even more successful with her new international Eras Tour. Swift is known to write songs about past breakups, leading to lots of internet jokes about the potential of this new relationship. Over the years, Taylor has won numerous awards including Grammy awards,  MTV awards, Billboard awards, Kids Choice awards, and many more. She has made many #1 best-selling album and has collected a networth of $740 million. 

Not only have fans between the music and football industry been raving about this new couple, but the NFL itself has responded quite loudly on their opinions of this couple. The NFL announcers have been having a little  fun when announcing Kelce lately too. Rich Eisen, a NFL commentator, joked saying “Kelce left a “blank space” when he was absent from a game two weeks ago because of a “delicate” injury” and later goes on to say “he “proves to be the anti-hero” and “never goes out of style.” Even with all the jokes made throughout the NFL about this relationship, they are truly astonished by the buzz that it has created in the community. The NFL senior vice president of Social, Influencer & Content Marketing, Ian Trombetta, has commented on the matter saying “Another thing that’s been a little surprising is that it really hasn’t slowed down. It’s continued to build in this momentum of conversation.”

Although Swift’s appearance at the Arrowhead Stadium and the MetLife Stadium has made these rumors more believable, there is still no real confirmation from either of these two stars. However Kelce has commented on Taylor appearing at his game “It was definitely a game I will remember” which has made most fans speculate. It was even more believable after the two were seen leaving in their “getaway car” after the game in the Arrowhead Stadium. Even though the couple may not be public, fans from the NFL world and Swiftie world are excited to see how these two may end up.