NHS Announces The Hunger Games Food Drive

Handout

One of our most valued traditions at Harriton is our Annual Food Drive.  Each year the National Honor Society hosts this drive to help members of our community.  We are committed to provide food baskets to 88 families recommended by the Montgomery County Office of Children and Youth.  The MCOCY, is extremely grateful for our efforts.  Given our reduced timeline, this will mean a full on effort by all: students, parents, administrators, staff, and teachers.

The NHS members have developed a comprehensive plan to help motivate everyone to contribute.  This year’s campaign is the Hunger Games.  You are an essential part of this plan. Through your modeling, (cheering, cajoling, and reminding…)everyone will see how helping others can be fun and meaningful.

Thanksgiving is often a time when we, as a school community, pause to consider how fortunate we are.  Advisories have each been assigned a family;  listed on the cards you received are their genders and ages.  If your group chooses to add “extra” things after the general list of needed items has been filled, they may consider family games, books, clothing such as hats and gloves, other care items.  As always, monetary donations are welcomed, and will be used to fill the grocery orders!

Please know, the NHS is appreciative of your time, effort, and commitment as we live out the value of serving our community.

Please bring in items from the list below.   The food drive ends on Wednesday (11/14), so do not hesitate!

-Disposable aluminum roasting pan
-Canned gravy (2)
-Boxed stuffing
-Canned yams
-Instant mashed potatoes
-Cranberry sauce (2)
-Canned vegetables (6-8 cans, peas, green beans, carrots, beets, wax beans, etc.)
-Boxed desserts (brownie/cake mix)
-Jello/pudding
-Candy/snacks
-Canned soup
-Bottled juice (PLASTIC bottles, no soda!)
-Parmalot milk
-Vegetable oil
-Corn bread mix