Penn State Dual Enrollment Application Available

Janice Swan-Jones

Applications are available for sophomores and juniors who would like to participate in the Penn State University Dual Enrollment Program next year.  The recommendation forms are designed to be very teacher-friendly: a series of 1-5 ratings with optional comments.

Applications are being accepted until November 30, 2012.  Students can drop by Ms Canuso’s classroom or email her <[email protected]> if you have questions or would like to discuss the program.  Applications are available in Ms. Canuso’s classroom, room 248 and on the LMSD website.

Below is a quick description of the PSU Dual Enrollment Program:

Lower Merion School District has entered into a partnership with the Penn State Brandywine Campus as part of the district’s commitment to provide juniors and seniors with opportunities for successful transition from high school to college.  The Dual Enrollment Program is offered to Harriton’s juniors and seniors and, upon successful completion of the program, provides an opportunity for students to earn up to 13 college credits.  Credits earned can be applied to a Penn State degree and may also be considered for transfer to other institutions of higher learning.

Students who are admitted to the program will take the following courses:

Introduction to Business
Social, Legal, and Ethical Environment of Business
Introductory Microeconomic Analysis and Policy
Introductory Macroeconomic Analysis and Policy

The PSU Dual Enrollment Program, a realistic college forum with on-site academic support, will help students establish a collaborative academic bridge from high school to college and facilitate students’ preparedness for a college environment.