Kung Fu Panda 4

One of Dreamworks’ biggest hits is finally coming back to the big screen. The new trailer for Kung Fu Panda 4 aired on December 13 and audiences are thrilled! It is now available on YouTube to watch. The Kung Fu Panda series is about a clumsy panda named Po who has to learn Kung Fu in order to save the world, finding new friends and family along the way. It has been seven years since we’ve seen our lovable fighter in action, and fans everywhere can’t wait to see what Po does next. The film was confirmed in August 2022, but there were a lot of uncertainties about the movie through the writer’s strike and the months of silence. However, the fans finally have news! As the release date approaches, new information about the movie has been released as well.

The cast for this new movie is full of fan favorites. Jack Black will once again play the role of Po, as he has in the previous three movies. According to IMDb, each member of the furious five will be returning, along with some new faces. Awkwafina will be joining the original characters on their journey as Zhen, a crafty fox thief. We can also expect to see Oscar winner Viola Davis voice the new villain Chameleon, who has evil plans to harness all the powers of Kung Fu. 

With the release of the new trailer, a slew of new plot points have been confirmed. Po will be leaving his post as the dragon warrior in order to become the spiritual leader of the Valley of Peace. He has plans to train a new warrior to take over his role, but a shape-shifting sorceress has eyes on his staff of wisdom. Aided by his friends and a fox named Zheng, Po will have to face his greatest challenge yet: all of his old enemies rolled into one. 

This new release was somewhat unexpected, albeit long-awaited. Each movie in the franchise has grossed well over $500 million, so Dreamworks can anticipate similar success for this project. With director Mike Mitchell, whose other works include Shrek Forever After and Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, the franchise is in good hands. Dreamworks’ 46th feature film may be its best yet!

With an amazing team of staff, including world famous actors and writers, we can expect to love this movie just as much, if not more than the last three movies. The exciting return of Po’s old villains is something that will have audiences everywhere on the edges of their seats. The movie will be in theaters as of March 8, 2023; there are only a couple months to go. Hopefully everyone has the chance to see their favorite childhood hero’s story continue!