Taylor Swift Takes Over the Media Once Again

As February rolled back around, it meant one thing for music fans: time for the Grammys. The award show, which recognizes outstanding achievements in the music industry, celebrated its 66th ceremony in Los Angeles on February 4th. Leading up to the Grammys, there was the usual exhilaration in the air, but this year fans awaited apprehensively for pop star Taylor Swift to appear. Swift was nominated for six awards this year, including Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album, Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, and Best Pop/Duo Group Performance. Although the iconic singer was nominated for major awards, that is not why fans were anxious for her arrival. Before the Grammys, fans spread conspiracy theories  declaring that the iconic singer would announce the release of her album Reputation (Taylor’s Version) during the ceremony. Swift had been hinting at the release lately– from her unexpected social media profile change to song lyrics that indicated the release, it is evident why Swift’s fans (Swifties) felt like they were onto something.

Starting off the night, fans were in awe as Swift strutted down the runway in a white, graceful dress. Even though her sophisticated style contrasted Reputation’s dark, valiant theme, fans never let go of their speculations. As the award ceremony commenced, fans waited restlessly for Taylor Swift to accept her Grammy. Fortunately, they did not have to wait long as they heard her name called as the winner of the second award of the night, Album of the Year. All over the world, Swifties sat on the edge of their seats as she made her way to the stage. Little did they know she would do something that nobody would ever expect. As Swift accepted her Grammy, she gave a sentimental speech: after starting by thanking all of her fans for their support, she resumed her speech by saying, “ I want to say thank you to the fans by telling you a secret that I’ve been keeping from you for the last two years” with Reputation (Taylor’s Version) swarming throughout the media, she continued with, “which is that my brand new album comes out April 19. It’s called ‘The Tortured Poets Department.” Although there was a lot of shock, fans all over the world celebrated the announcement of the new album. And if she was not having a sparkling night already, she won two more Grammys!

If one celebrity knows how to capture the media, it is Taylor Swift. Besides being a lyrical genius, it is evident that Swift is a “mastermind” in many other ways. Although fans went into the night expecting Reputation (Taylor’s Version), they got an outcome that changed the Grammys forever.

View Comments (2)
Lily Kades
Lily Kades, Staff Writer
Lily Kades is a freshman at Harriton, who is excited to start her first year with the Banner. She hopes to experience writing in different styles and to have more experience as a writer. Outside of the banner, she is a part of student council, Simon’s Heart, World Language Club, and The Jewish Student Union. Another activity she likes to do is play lacrosse. She enjoys journaling and writing about trending topics.

• W

Wilma MooreApr 8, 2024 at 10:53 am

I have read all of Lily Kade’s articles for the paper this year and I am so impressed by the way she writes. Lily is an excellent writer.

Reply
  • R

Rich mooreApr 8, 2024 at 10:31 am

Great writer!

Reply