Harriton Sports Update 9/10-9/14

Girls’ Tennis:

The ladies finished with a 1-1 record in their two matchups this week, losing to a very tough Conestoga team 4-3 and defeating Garnet Valley with a 7-0 shutout. Overall, the Rams are 4-1 on the season and look to continue their dominance of the Central League throughout the remainder of the season.

Girls’ Soccer:

Two games this week ended with one tie and one victory for the girls’ soccer squad. On Tuesday, a tough match against Springfield on the road ended in a hard-fought 1-1 draw. Madison Pelletier scored the lone goal for Harriton in the 3rd minute. On Thursday, however, the girls’ hard work paid off in an extremely intense 1-0 victory over Penncrest. The lone goal came on a Madison Pelletier volley off of a free kick from Nikkole Voluck. The girls are currently 3-1-1 on the season.

Girls’ Volleyball:

Despite fighting until the end, the Lady Rams volleyball team lost both of its matches this week three sets to none against Marple Newton and Upper Darby. The girls hope to improve throughout the season and finish strong after a bit of a rocky start.

Field Hockey:

In three games this week, the Harriton field hockey team made its presence felt in the Central League with three very impressive victories against Springfield, Penncrest, and Lower Moreland. On Tuesday, the Rams defeated Springfield 2-1 behind excellent play in goal from Jason Banner and two goals from Caleigh Foust, including the game winner in OT.  Against Penncrest, Caleigh Foust once again led the Rams to a 6-0 shutout victory with four goals and two assists. Maura Henderson and Jason Banner also played very well for Harriton. Finally, on Friday afternoon, the Rams capped off a very successful week with a 5-4 victory over Lower Moreland in OT. Harriton Field Hockey sits at 4-1-1 on the season and hope to continue their impressive play throughout the remainder of the fall season.

Boys’ Soccer:

In case you weren’t a part of the Herd at Tuesday’s night boys’ soccer game, here is something that you might not realize: boys’ soccer is very, very, very good. On the season, the Rams have outscored their opponents by a combined score of 25-1 and are 5-0 on the season, defeating Penncrest (5-0), Springfield (5-0) and Chichester (6-1) this week. Jansen Aoyama, Kevin Lawson, Kenton Weigel and goalie Sam Blumenthal all have played amazing for Harriton. Hopefully, the boys can keep up their undefeated streak.

Golf:

The Harriton golf team has been very successful throughout the fall season, building off of a strong finish to last years’ season. Erik Reisner, Matt Sherman and Will Daly have all put up amazing rounds, including 39s by Reisner and Daly in a victory over Strath Haven on Thursday.

Boys/Girls Cross Country:

On Wednesday, both the boys’ and girls’ cross country teams had impressive performances at a 4-team meet with Garnet Valley, Conestoga and Upper Darby as the girls’ team defeated all three other teams at their 4-team meet for the first time and the boys’ team defeated two of the three other teams, only losing to Upper Darby.

Football:

See article regarding Friday’s 21-20 win over Radnor.