Harriton’s Weather Forecast: Week of October 15

At low altitudes in the east, this week shows frigid temperatures along rooms 103-115. History buffs beware – you’ll need plenty of layers to make it through Monday mornings in African-Asian studies. Recommendation: sweatshirt and gloves.

Similarly cold atmosphere to be found along the Music hallway. Meteorologists predict highs around 20°F and possible snowstorms. Recommendation: bring a Snuggie.

To the northwest, in the cafeteria, comfortable temperatures expected – due in large part to the aggregate mass of freshman in each lunch period. If population is sparse, however, temperatures could drop into the mid-40s. Recommendation: T-shirts and jeans.

On the second floor to the southwest, the library expects a muggy, humid climate. Bright sunlight by 8 am. Recommendation: tank tops and sunglasses.

Along the English hallways, a chillier forecast for heavy winds and frost. Bring coffee to warm your fingers. Recommendation: sweaters and jeans.

The language and chemistry rooms to the east will have weather like that of the library; thick air and possible smog. Recommendation: shorts (but not too short!)

Somehow, each side of the third floor will be experiencing radically different temperatures. Southern classrooms, like the biology area, will be experiencing a heat wave, with temperatures in the 80s. Recommendation: short skirts or shorts. Maybe skorts. Never jorts, though.

Other rooms more northern have temperature fluctuations throughout the days. Temperatures will range from 25°F to 95°F at any given moment, so be sure to prepare. Recommendation: sweatshirts on top of long-sleeve-shirts on top of T-shirts on top of tank tops. And bring luck, because the wrong choice of footwear could cause you to suffer from heatstroke or frostbite.