The Harriton Stock Club 2012-2013

This school year has been a tremendous year for The Harriton Stock Club.  They have more than tripled their membership from 25 members to 90, most of whom are freshmen, eager to learn about investing.  Students learn how to responsibly trade stocks.

One activity members participate in is an online stock game.  In this simulation, the members trade stocks of their choosing.  Each participant receives $25,000 to start trading, and by the end of the year, the member who has accumulated the most money wins a prize from The Harriton Stock Club’s famed prize box.  Each year, the prize is a surprise.

After talking to President Max Rose, I learned that the club has big goals for the rest of this school year, and even bigger ones for next year. Max said, “We want our club to be recognized throughout our community with excellence.  As the President, the officers and I are constantly trying to make the club the best it can be.”

President Max Rose and his team did just this on February 7th.  The Harriton Stock Club presented China Day to its members.  The members got a chance to learn and ask questions about how China influences the American economy.

If you are interested in learning about stocks, the Stock Club is the place for you.