The P!nk Summer Carnival

Everyone has heard of the Eras Tour and the hype surrounding Taylor Swift in recent months, but there has been another concert dominating the summer music scene– the Summer Carnival Tour from the one and only P!nk. This spectacular concert with three openers and a stunning combination of visuals and vocals left the audience speechless and satisfied by the end of the night.

The opening act themselves could have been their own show, spanning three artists from three different genres: Brandi Carlile, a folk rock and alternative country artist, Grouplove, a band that specializes in alternative rock, and DJ Kid Cut Up. Each artist was talented in their own way and successfully got the audience excited for the main performance. The theme of the event was “Summer Carnival”: meaning upbeat music, bright lights, and good memories which was successfully delivered during each performance. 

When the lights dim and P!nk comes out for her opening performance, she once again amazes the audience with her combination of acrobatics and stunts with her incredible showmanship, where she both starts and ends the show with a harness suspended far above ground. The show began with classic songs such as “Get the Party Started” and “Raise Your Glass” which was the perfect upbeat way to begin a neon, sparkling, and of course pink concert. 

However, as the show progresses, so does the style of song. Towards the middle of the show, P!nk changes her costume (one of many times) into a flowing dress where she beautifully sings music from her new album, Trust Fall. There is the classic scene of the musician singing by the piano as a ballad plays, and the music is truly beautiful and meaningful. The range of P!nk throughout all of her music, and especially highlighted in her concert, is absolutely incredible. Throughout her tour, she would joke around and play games such as one where her pianist plays a different classic tune on the piano each concert and if she could guesses it, she’d be rewarded with free candy. 

The show additionally had a plethora of surprises from bringing Brandi Carlile up back up the stage to do a duet of O’Connor’s classic “Nothing Compares 2 U”, moving dances between costume changes from the incredibly talented backup dancers, and even bring her own daughter on stage to sing “Cover Me In Sunshine” where they did a duet together. It was truly a beautiful and wholesome moment that the audience wouldn’t be able to experience anywhere else. The show had witty banter and beautiful stories about where her songs originated from and how much they mean to her. Of course, the show was tied with a bow with a 6 minute rendition of her most iconic song “So What” where she flew over the crowd and ended with a massive fireworks display.

As much as the concert was absolutely phenomenal, there were unfortunately several issues that emerged through the tour such as a fan throwing their mothers ashes onto the stage in the middle of a performance at P!nk herself, severe weather issues causing major delays in Washington D.C., and an unfortunate illness that lead to her postponing her concert in Arlington, Texas to November 26th. However, with all of these obstacles in her way, she was able to complete the tour across the country and is going to spread more music across the world when she goes to Australia in New Zealand during the summer (our winter). 

If there is an artist that is truly wholesome and enjoyable to watch, with truly powerful songs, P!nk fits the bill perfectly. “So What” if there were a few mishaps along the road, this concert was truly well done and hundreds of thousands of people happy across the country!